INSTRUCTIONS? WILL NOT WORK??

Discuss anything regarding Speckie here.

INSTRUCTIONS? WILL NOT WORK??

Postby slk230 » Tue May 10, 2011 10:57 pm

I just installed Speckie and am unable to make it work properly or find a manual or instructions for use. It identifies a misspelled word by underlining it in red. But I can't do anything beyond that.

When I right click and select "Speckie settings" nothing happens.

Please help.

What am I supposed to do to correct a word after it has been underlined???

Thank you
slk230

Re: INSTRUCTIONS? WILL NOT WORK??

Postby Maurizio » Wed May 11, 2011 8:09 am

when you right click on an underlined word, you'll see a list of suggested corrections at the top of the menu. Select any one of the suggestions to correct it.

Please let us know which version of Windows and IE you're running.
Maurizio
Versoworks Monkey

Postby slk230 » Wed May 11, 2011 10:02 pm

Thank you that did work. I guess I was expecting more.

Windows 7 64 bit and IE 9 64 bit.

It does not work on all web pages, like this one for example. Nothing shows up when you right click.

I just took a closer look and it does not show on any web page. When I right click the program doesn't even show as being installed.
slk230

Postby Maurizio » Wed May 11, 2011 10:31 pm

it only shows up when you right click in input fields (text boxes), not just anywhere on a web page.
Maurizio
Versoworks Monkey

Postby slk230 » Thu May 12, 2011 1:22 am

Maurizio wrote:it only shows up when you right click in input fields (text boxes), not just anywhere on a web page.

Yes, I know that. The problem is that it doesn't always appear. Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't. As I type on this post, it is as if the program is not installed, yet it is.

On other sites it is there and does work.
slk230

Postby Maurizio » Thu May 12, 2011 8:41 am

if you run web pages in compatibility mode, you'll need to check the option in the Speckie settings to 'Recheck changes by editor'. Note that enabling this option may cause freezing with large fields of text. The alternative is to not use compatibility mode everywhere.

With the Speckie settings page not opening, ensure you don't have any popup blocker/anti-virus software interfering as the Settings open in a new IE tab/window depending on your settings.
Maurizio
Versoworks Monkey

Postby slk230 » Sat May 14, 2011 9:16 am

if you run web pages in compatibility mode???

What does that mean?
slk230

Postby Maurizio » Sat May 14, 2011 9:39 am

That blue icon in IE's navigation bar indicates compatibility mode is enabled for a web site.
Maurizio
Versoworks Monkey

Postby Maurizio » Sat May 14, 2011 10:28 am

I've just found and fixed a bug which causes the Speckie settings page not to appear if you have Tabbed browsing disabled in IE. I'll have the fix in the next release. In the mean time, you can access the settings page by navigating to about:Speckie in IE (type that in to the URL bar). My apologies for this oversight.
Maurizio
Versoworks Monkey

Postby Maurizio » Tue May 17, 2011 9:23 am

See how the current Beta works for you.
Maurizio
Versoworks Monkey

Postby Bud33 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:56 am

I have also Just found Speckie . I have been using iespell for a long time and was lost without it on the Windows 7 64 and ie9.
I stumbled across this in Google and thought I would give it a try.... Once I figured out how to work it, it is doing the job, but I can not find ANY instructions that tell you how to use it. ie: I kept getting underlined words, but didn't know how to correct the error. Again, I just stumbled across the right click !!!!
If there is a list of instructions, tell me how to find them and THANKS for the helpful program. =D>
I misspell my name if it wasn't for my ID card :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bud33

Postby Maurizio » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:24 am

@Bud33, Speckie is designed to be as simple as possible, we're sorry we couldn't complicate it for you :P All jokes aside, you've already figured out most of it's functionality; it tags misspelled words and you right click on them to see a list of possible corrections. Clicking on a correction replaces the word. Additionally, you can configure some settings by using the 'Speckie Settings' menu item in the right click menu. That's all there is to it :D
Maurizio
Versoworks Monkey

Return to General Discussion